Whether you are married or in a committed relationship, sometimes issues and conflicts arise that seem insurmountable. For those times, it can be helpful to have an objective trained professional to help you to find ways to solutions.
At Colebrook Counseling, I take care to provide my clients high quality services personalized for their unique needs. Relational issues like the ones listed below are my passion and my specialty.
Our families seem to be under attack by a barrage of different forces today brought on by a changing world. Adolescents are especially vulnerable to influence at a time when they are seeking their own independence. Parents can become torn between being worried for their child's safety and teaching valuable life lessons. I treat the family as a system and welcome all into the therapy room.
Blended families can contain their own set of issues which are unique to any other family conflicts. While the rate of failure of first time marriages is 50%, the failure rate for remarriages is 70%. The successful ones prove that it can be done, but there are sometimes a multitude of organizational and loyalty concerns to be addressed. I have experience and understanding for the questions that usually arise with trying to blend two families into a working, cooperative, and caring unit. Sometimes it is helpful to prepare for the landmines that can be present when trying to create a combined new family.
SESSION TIMES AND RATES:
- Sessions are 60 min. in length
- Cost per session is $60 for individuals and $70 for couples and families
- Payment is due at the completion of the session
- I accept payment in cash or check
- I also accept all major credit cards and debit cards including PAYPAL
- I do not accept any kind of insurance
- Reduced fees are available on a limited basis and are based on need
Hours by appointment only
INDIVIDUAL ISSUES AND CONCERNS:
- Family of Origin struggles
- Grief over loss of a loved one
- Grief over loss of a job and identity
- Grief over loss of a relationship
- Struggles adjusting to life as a Senior
- Struggles with aging parents
- Emotional support when dealing with illness
I also can provide pre-marital counseling for both first-time and re-marriages